Tuesday 6 September 2011

Miserable Monday


How I wished, the German class would just end soon,
I’m sleepy, it’s already 4:30 in the afternoon.
Boredom reached its limits; I knew I could have died,
Just as the German teacher said his 400th”Tut mir lied”.

And then I heard the magical words, from his mouth,
“German is over, now you can go out”
Pumped with energy, filled with desire,
I ran out of class like my ass was on fire.

And as I reached outside, my feet automatically stopped
I could swear my eyes from their sockets, almost popped
I saw her right there, skin as white as milk
The hair flowing down, like fine threads of silk

A thing of beauty, she glided through the street
I adjusted my path, to make sure we would meet,
I looked up then, into those beautiful eyes
With the glow and warmth of a firefly’s

And slowly but surely her head turned around
For the second time, my feet were stuck to the ground,
“Excuse me” she said”where’s the academic block?”
“Just continue straight” (Wow! She actually talked?!)

“Thank you so much” she said, with a smile so quaint
I smiled back stupidly, trying not to faint,
“Haha, you’re so cute”, she cheerily obliged
And I turned as red as a baboon’s backside.

And then fate stepped in, and took a turn for the worse
A cruel game of life, my luck turned to curse.
He came up smoothly, gave her a kiss on the cheek
And then I discovered, I had no words to speak

It was like I swallowed, a jar full of salt
What the hell did I do? Was it my fault?
The spot where he kissed her, turned a rosy red
“Madam, do you even remember anything I said?!”

It was like straight from Titanic, just different you see
She was Kate Winslet, Leornado was me,
And just as I tried to climb the floating door,
She stamped on my face, I reached the ocean floor.

“What are you thinking?” the guy suddenly said
“How to bang an iron rod, right on your head”
“Bye” she said demurely, smiling with grace
I was stranded in cold, the blood left my face

She was 23, and that was the scene
And I was a demented nutcase, only 17
It wouldn’t have worked, I sadly grinned,
To her anyway, I was a fart in the wind.

I bowed my head, gracious in defeat
Well at least I still am, single and complete.

3 comments:


  1. You like alliteration, don't you? You're all up for Miserable Mondays and Shitty Sundays, eh? :D


    I've been pained with German too, so the initiation of the poem takes the cake for me, and then your credibility to rhyme, as I have mentioned before. The words you use rhyme, make sense and they are more comprehensive than anything I can ever manage to write, which is why I like them! Well, cheers! :)

    P.S. Your Facebook is a scary place, chap, what with the little friend circle my eyes are bestowed with to see there! Just so you know! :DD


    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha gosh :) Thank you so much for the compliment :) And well rhyming is not tough, I just have this ability to nonchalantly speak bullshit, and strangely it all rhymes. :P
    And my facebook's a scary place? :P Well the only scary thing there is my profile picture, other than that I think I'm doing alright :D

    ReplyDelete

  3. What, are you trying to say people who make sense can't rhyme? Well, rhyming is subjective to rhythm and you get that just right! :D

    Your Facebook is a really scary place, that is. I've not come across many people who have 1000 friends figuratively. Of course it is scary! Uh! :DD

    ReplyDelete